The Staff Accountant will assist in the preparation of monthly and annual Financial Statements with the primary focus on revenue/accounts receivable, sale commission calculations/reporting and payroll/benefits. This individual is highly efficient and organized and enjoys collaborating with others across various departments.
- Prepare and maintain monthly reports including revenue recognition schedules, accounts receivable aging schedules, and sales commission reports.
- Assists the department with preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense journal entries.
- Facilitate and complete support schedules according to month-end procedures.
- Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis assignments as instructed by management.
- Performs ad hoc projects as deemed necessary.
- Reports to the Accounting Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES
- Corporate Accounting experience is a must. Public Accounting/Auditing experience is a plus (not required).
- Knowledge of Payroll is a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Advance Knowledge and use of QuickBooks is a must. Knowledge of other ERP systems is a plus.
- Highly detailed oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external partners to maximize performance, creativity, and results.
- Knowledge of Salesforce (desired) and other invoicing software such as Tungsten, Ariba, and Transcepta is a plus.
- Bachelors in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- 3+ years accounting/Finance experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting
Please note: This is staff level accounting position. Local candidates only.
XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HPE Integrity NonStop server community and an honoree in Inc. Magazine’s 2017 Best Places to Work! is headquartered in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer-base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time, U.S. based employees enjoy excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous vacation time, regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off!